Sargon of Akkad was banned from Patreon for using offensive language during a guest appearance on another YouTube channel about a year prior. No, this is not made up: this is according to Patreon.
This controversy set off a chain reaction of events, such as the conceptual planning of this site itself.
Shortly after, #PatreonPurge was created on YouTube and on Twitter.
Also, Sargon did a great 10-part video series (all links to BitChute videos) detailing the controversy:
- You Cannot Trust Patreon
- The Patreon Witch Trials
- Then They Came For SubscribeStar
- Patreon Double Down
- The Trust and Safety Junta
- Matt Christiansen’s Call to Patreon
- Patreon’s Ministry of Trust and Safety
- The Return of Subscribestar
- The FTC Complaint
- I Am Jack’s Nervous Smile